Food at The Farmers Arms
Pub Lunches and Evening Meals
Please refer to our covid information on the home page
regarding new times & menus etc.
We serve food everyday between 12 - 2:30pm and 6 - 8:30pm
You can’t beat good Yorkshire Dales pub food, whether you’re staying in the area, out for a drive in the Swaledale countryside or a weary walker wanting some good wholesome refreshment, the Farmers Arms at Muker is the place to eat.
We are renowned for providing good-value, tasty homemade dishes and have a menu and a specials board that caters for all appetites.
We are a typical country pub for dining and drinking, consequently we don't reserve tables.
We have a traditional main menu featuring pub classics. You can download it here: Our menu...
We have some regular specials and also an ever changing selection of more interesting specials if you fancy something a bit different.
We try to keep as many as possible Gluten Free. For example you could find:
- Fish & Chips
- Cottage Pie (GF)
- Liver & Bacon in an Onion Sauce (GF)
- Indonesian Spiced Pork (GF)
- Chicken & Chorizo Stroganhoff (GF)
- Fisherman's Pie (GF)
- Katsu Chicken Curry
- Venison Casserole with Blue Cheese & Thyme Dumplings
- Shoulder of Lamb in Mint Gravy (GF)
- Chicken & Wild Mushroom Puff Pastry Pie
There may also be the odd special starter or pudding, so don’t forget to have a look at the specials board above the fireplace to see if there is anything on there you fancy.
We serve a traditional Roast Beef Sunday lunch & vegetarian alternative every Sunday during lunch food service times. During busy periods we can sometimes run out so don’t leave it too late if your heart is set on it!
Allergy information is available for all our dishes and we encourage you to check if you have any allergies or special requirements. Please ensure you alert our team if you have allergies when placing your order.
• Patience: We can get very, very busy, particularly at weekends, bank holidays and during school holidays and we kindly ask for your patience.
All our meals are freshly prepared and we always ask you to allow 30-45mins for your meal to arrive.
In busy times this could be significantly longer, especially if 50 people turn up at the same time to eat.
Unfortunately due to our small staff and facilities we cannot feed 50 people all at the same time and it is inevitable that some will have a longer wait than others. We encourage visitors to stagger arrival and not to descend at 6pm en masse for dinner. Chances are if you arrive at 8pm you will be served much quicker than if you’re here at 6pm during the summer.
• Queue: During busy periods, we do have a queuing system for tables so please come to the bar first and let us know that you wish to eat and how many there are of you. Please do not sit at a table that appears vacant or join a table where there's space, as there could be others already waiting for it.
• Wooden Spoon System: If there is a queue for tables you will be given a numbered wooden spoon, this is your place in the ‘table queue’ and we will come and find you when a table becomes free that can accommodate your group.
• Food Orders: We regret that we cannot take food orders until you are sat at a table, but don’t worry, if you have been in the queue, we will still take your order if it’s after food service by the time you are seated.
• Advance Bookings Not Taken: Unfortunately we don’t take reservations as we operate on a first come first serve basis; but we do appreciate large groups letting us know of their arrival in advance but can’t guarantee you will be sat together.
We are a family friendly pub and offer a small persons menu. Some of our specials are offered in smaller portions too such as Sunday lunch and cottage pie.
We have a high chair available for the really little ones.
Well-behaved children under 14 years are allowed on the premises up until 9pm provided that they are eating or sitting in an area away from the bar.
They must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Children aged 14-18 years may enter the bar if accompanied by a responsible adult, but will not be served any alcohol. Please do not allow your children to roam freely around the pub and please do not seat them at separate tables.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome during food service times as long as they are kept on their leads and do not cause a trip hazard. We will not tolerate dogs being allowed on the furniture or joining in with your dinner at the table!
There is a 'beer terrace' to the front of the pub for Farmers Arms customers only. We do not operate tabs for tables outside so all food and drink to be consumed outside must be paid for up front at the bar.
There is free parking at the front of the pub and along the roadside in the designated laybys. There is also a pay and display car park just by the bridge in Muker.
Muker Show Day Menu
Served on Muker Show Day (first Wednesday in September) between 12pm and 3pm and 7pm-8:30pm
We offer a limited menu on Muker Show Day which includes pre-prepared sandwiches and quiches for a quicker service.
The Muker Show Menu is served a little longer than our usual lunch food service times, from 12pm until 3pm and we aim to resume the same menu from 7pm until 8:30pm. We can also offer take-away if the pub is too full and there is no where to sit.
Please order your food and drink at the tills.
"Muker Show Day is renowned for being the busiest day of the year, and we have lovely friends and family who give up their time to come and help, so we kindly ask for your patience and understanding during this exceptionally busy period and we hope you enjoy your Muker Show Day experience."